Skip to main content

How I'm not ruining WWE for myself anymore.......

Staying off the Internet for a day to enjoy Wrestlemania 31
How I'm not ruining WWE for myself anymore



I decided this year as it was the 1st year I have been able to have the WWE network and the fact that I live in the UK and had to work the day after that I would not be able to see Wrestlemania 31 live as it airs a 1am but I would be able to see it after work on Monday at 6pm.

So for the 1st time in a long time I decided that I wasn't going on Facebook, Twitter, Internet or any form of media to find any of the results or find out what happened. Also before the event I didn't go on any rumour sites and find out what might be happening. I do this a lot because it saves me time and I get to know what happens straight away, I think im a victim of today's society needing to know everything now, so I decided if I could change that.

I had a conversation with a friend of mine who is a wrestling fan as long as me and we were talking about the days when we couldn't afford PPV and didn't have sky to be able to see WWE PPV and we would get the VHS tape of Wrestlemania (or any of the big 4 WWE PPV) when it came out via Silvervision and pop it into the machine and sit back and enjoy. We didn't know the results, who was there or what happened you could get lost in those shows.

I wanted that same feeling watching Wrestlemania this year - I feel that I ruin surprises in wrestling for myself too much and wanted to see what the great minds in WWE had in store for me and wanted to watch a show as it was intended to be - with me the fan knowing nothing and letting this all unfold in front of me and letting myself get moved by what was taking place and to feel the natural flow of the show.

Im so glad I made the choice, Wrestlemania 31 this year delivered from beginning to end to me one of the greatest Wrestlemaina's in many years and I was seeing it through different eyes. instead of reading about what was going to happen then seeing it, I was experiencing the same feeling I did many years ago as a child that feeling of unpredictability, suspension of disbelief.

1. Wrestlemaina 31 had a cracking ladder match to kick it off


2.  Randy Orton the best RKO he has ever done onto Seth Rollins that will be a moment that will be replayed for a very long time.


3. We had Sting vs HHH which we thought we would never see and on top of that we saw DX vs NWO in the same match! I was so happy I didn't ruin that for myself it was a moment I thought I would never see.



4. Even following that a fantastic segment with The Rock coming out and UFC Contracted Fighter Ronda Rousey joining him in the ring vs Triple H and Stephanie Mcmahon



5. Seth Rollins becomes the 1st man ever to cash in his Money in The Bank Briefcase at Wrestlemania and win the WWE World Heavyweight Championship


I am going to continue to do this for all the PPVs I liked not knowing, I liked the anticipation of watching and the surprise involved.

Try it yourself and see what happens maybe you'll feel the magic of wrestling again as I have - I thought I needed to know it all as it turns out its better when I know nothing :)

Thanks for Reading
Jonathan Orchard
@jon422002

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1...or 2

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1 (or 2) Dolph Ziggler This Sunday 27th January 2013 WWE Royal Rumble will air. Generally One of the best WWE PPV's of the year. This year 30 Man Royal Rumble match has alot of intrigue built into it most people are of the opinion that John Cena will be winning this years event and then go on to face The Rock at Wrestlemania. However after seeing this past Monday's WWE raw WWE might have something else in mind.,.,,  Royal Rumble 2013 A Beat the clock challenge took place on WWE Raw and the winner of this we were originally told could pick their number for the Royal Rumble Match. Dolph Ziggler Ends up winning the Beat The Clock challenge then when he is bragging about this Vicki Guerreo informs Ziggler that it is not a free choice of Royal Rumble Entry number instead it is a number chosen within a certain range Number one to Number two. Here's what WWE could do This I feel is the ideal opportunity fo

AEW All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?

AEW  All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?  All Elite Wrestling airs in the UK on ITV 4 on a Friday night and ITV Hub (Itv on demand service should be uploaded on a Thursday) ITV don't air AEW Dynamite live and a separate subscription has to be purchased via Fite.TV if fans wish to do this.  Initially things started off OK although @itvwrestling had difficulties getting Dynamite on ITV Hub on time (they promised Thursdays at 7pm) usually this was up on a Friday morning. However as the weeks went on the uploading to ITV hub did not get any better and as of this writing its as worse as it has ever been they don't upload the episodes consistently which is leaving many fans frustrated and ITV Wrestling haven't been communicating with fans. @ITV Wrestling haven't tweeted about AEW since Dec 5th - they haven't updated any of their graphics since Full Gear and ITV wrestling now seem totally disconnected from the fans and from my perspective th

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018   Hello Wrestling fans! Welcome to the first ever Strike Wrestling Results blog!  I went to Bournemouth and took x2 trains and a bus to get there and it was well worth the effort. Before I get to the wrestling a bit about Bournemouth Bournemouth is a beautiful town it was a sunny hot day. I managed to go to the beach and see the pier and get a great view from Bournemouth on top of the cliffs, where there were also many of great restaurants and places to eat. Check out my on the road video on Strike Wrestling by clicking the video below! This was my first show at Strike Wrestling and Strike is an over 18’s show so I was expecting a different vibe, feel and presentation to family orientated wrestling that I have attended in the past. Strike wrestling is high paced, hard hitting, fast action but with a huge streak of entertainment, fun and having a great time.   From where I was