Skip to main content

Pro Wrestling Pride with WWE,WCW,ECW,TNA star Raven Review

Pro Wrestling Pride with #WWE #WCW #ECW #TNA star Raven review

As always what is written below is my opinion as a wrestling fan, I’m not a wrestling expert and don’t proclaim to be one, what I write is my opinion as a fan,– with that said enjoy this month blog!!!!! 


I realised that in the four years that I have been writing blogs that I have never done a blog on British Wrestling and written about a British wrestling show. Many Times in the Past I have been to local shows in Wiltshire, WWE shows in Cardiff, TNA Shows and even Wrestlemania 29 in New York City but this past weekend was a first for me watching a British wrestling promotion outside of my local area – that Promotion was Pro Wrestling Pride based in Devon.

I had seen a post on facebook stating that former WWE WCW ECW and TNA Star Raven was coming to Torquay on 2nd August 2014 – this was too good of opportunity to pass up.
As luck would have it I had been to Torquay a few months before while on holiday and liked the place, So I checked the Website and Brought myself a Q and A, Meet and Greet and Wrestling Show ticket for the very reasonable price and then purchased my train ticket and was ready to go.




I arrived in Torquay and went into the Q and A event With Raven Which started at 3pm, as I gave my ticket to the chap on the door I walked in and saw tables set up by the ring with Raven and members of the roster from Pro Wrestling Pride roster, there was the pro wrestling pride heavyweight championship on the table and the title holder Danny Walsh sat behind it (more on him later)

The Moderator got us underway and throughout the session I managed to ask Raven 3 questions (I won’t give you the answers as I suspect you can find out what they were by purchased the soon to be released DVD from Pro Wrestling Pride)

Why did you leave ECW when you did in 1997?
What was it like working in Memphis?
Was it True that you were offered a Job in WWE Creative?

Raven at the Q&A
It truly was a great experience and an awesome learning experience to sit and hear Raven talk for an hour you can truly see that he has such a great mind for wrestling and a learnt a lot from the Q&A things I didn’t know and absorbed so much from this wrestling legend.

One last thing about the Q and A  Danny Walsh (the Pride Heavyweight Champ I mentioned earlier) - I thought he was really clever, he was playing the heel so well, not answering questions asked of him and if he did he would whisper his answer to the moderator and then the moderator would have to speak for him. Walsh even left before the Q&A was over and got a chorus of boos from the fans, they were little things but so very effective so kudos for that – Clever Stuff.

danny walsh
At 6pm I arrived at Torquay Town Hall for the show, went and got my seat and waited for the show to begin and met two brilliant wrestling fans Sean and Zahra (thank you both for the conversation,laughs and fun – I really appreciated it!!!)

Sean and Zhara
The show had some great matches and they were entertaining, well paced and exciting.
Some Highlights for me was the UK dominator winning the “Money in the bag” match with guaranteed him a title opportunity, A fantastic 5 man X division style match which all 5 Men really showcased what they could do – with Ryan Smile winning the match. That match got an incredible ovation after it finished and it deserved it, one of the best matches I had seen live and Ryan is definitely someone to keep your eyes on in the UK Scene.

Ryan Smile
Danny Walsh Lost his World Title to PJ Jones and in his match saw something I hadn’t seen in years. A wrestler losing a match due to 3 public warnings and getting disqualified!!! (that was tremendous and I went crazy for for that!!!), Then UK Dominator came down (after title match had been restarted and Walsh got pinned quickly) and UK Dominator cashed in his money in the bag after Jones got chokeslammed and UK dominator become new Pride Wrestling Heavyweight Champion and of course the Main event 6 man hardcore tag match featuring Raven,Darren Saviour and Tiger was brilliant the crowd were so loud and into the match and it ended the night perfectly.



I thought Darren Saviour was really good as well having not seen him before thought he did really well in 6 man match think at some point in time Saviour vs Danny Walsh or Vs UK Dominator could both be great matches. Raven ended the night by thanking the wrestler and the fans and getting all the kids in the ring and sending everyone home happy.

What was the downside you say? Well the only downside for me with this show was the sound system the microphone in particular , I would of picked it up thrown it out the window and started again!! – the microphone cut out & was very annoying but apart from it was a cracking show.

me and raven
This show was ran so well everything went smoothly and It was a joy to be there and it delivered on everything it promised Q and A, Meet and Greet and event itself – Pro Wrestling Pride have to be given credit for putting on a great entertaining family show and giving fans exactly what was advertised – next time you are in Torquay I’ll be coming back – British Wrestling is alive, well and awesome!!!

you can check them out at http://www.prowrestlingpride.com/

Thanks for Reading
Jon Orchard
@jon422002-Twitter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1...or 2

WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Ziggler is Lucky Number 1 (or 2) Dolph Ziggler This Sunday 27th January 2013 WWE Royal Rumble will air. Generally One of the best WWE PPV's of the year. This year 30 Man Royal Rumble match has alot of intrigue built into it most people are of the opinion that John Cena will be winning this years event and then go on to face The Rock at Wrestlemania. However after seeing this past Monday's WWE raw WWE might have something else in mind.,.,,  Royal Rumble 2013 A Beat the clock challenge took place on WWE Raw and the winner of this we were originally told could pick their number for the Royal Rumble Match. Dolph Ziggler Ends up winning the Beat The Clock challenge then when he is bragging about this Vicki Guerreo informs Ziggler that it is not a free choice of Royal Rumble Entry number instead it is a number chosen within a certain range Number one to Number two. Here's what WWE could do This I feel is the ideal opportunity fo

AEW All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?

AEW  All Elite Wrestling to Sky Sports in The UK?  All Elite Wrestling airs in the UK on ITV 4 on a Friday night and ITV Hub (Itv on demand service should be uploaded on a Thursday) ITV don't air AEW Dynamite live and a separate subscription has to be purchased via Fite.TV if fans wish to do this.  Initially things started off OK although @itvwrestling had difficulties getting Dynamite on ITV Hub on time (they promised Thursdays at 7pm) usually this was up on a Friday morning. However as the weeks went on the uploading to ITV hub did not get any better and as of this writing its as worse as it has ever been they don't upload the episodes consistently which is leaving many fans frustrated and ITV Wrestling haven't been communicating with fans. @ITV Wrestling haven't tweeted about AEW since Dec 5th - they haven't updated any of their graphics since Full Gear and ITV wrestling now seem totally disconnected from the fans and from my perspective th

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018

Strike Wrestling Results Bournemouth May 20th 2018   Hello Wrestling fans! Welcome to the first ever Strike Wrestling Results blog!  I went to Bournemouth and took x2 trains and a bus to get there and it was well worth the effort. Before I get to the wrestling a bit about Bournemouth Bournemouth is a beautiful town it was a sunny hot day. I managed to go to the beach and see the pier and get a great view from Bournemouth on top of the cliffs, where there were also many of great restaurants and places to eat. Check out my on the road video on Strike Wrestling by clicking the video below! This was my first show at Strike Wrestling and Strike is an over 18’s show so I was expecting a different vibe, feel and presentation to family orientated wrestling that I have attended in the past. Strike wrestling is high paced, hard hitting, fast action but with a huge streak of entertainment, fun and having a great time.   From where I was